Dr. Krystyn R. Moon teaches HIST 449: Immigrant Alexandria History Seminar at the University of Mary Washington. For more information about Dr. Moon, click here.
Fall 2016 Team
- Courtney Burrows is a History major and Secondary Education student. This is her last semester as an undergraduate before she begins her MA in Education in the Spring. She plans to teach history in Richmond City Schools. Her historical research is centered around Latin American history, specifically during the Cold War period, and she hopes to bring these interests into her classroom one day.
- Nathan George is a senior at the University of Mary Washington and a History Major. His favorite area of study is 18th and 19th century American and European History.
- Samuel Roy Goad is a senior and a History major at the University of Mary Washington. His goal upon graduation is to pursue a research fellowship to advance understanding in the field.
- Natalie Griffitts is a senior at UMW simultaneously completing her BA in History and M.Ed in Secondary Education. She plans to teach at the middle school level.
- Kelly Haynes is a History major from Fairfax, VA with interests in American Colonialism, the American Civil War, and World War II. She intends on working in the museum world after she graduates from UMW.
- Ruby Hunter-Sowers is a History major who will be graduating Spring 2017. She plans to attend UMW for her masters in Secondary Education and hopes to teach middle school someday.
- Kristen Lambert is in her last semester of undergrad at UMW. She is also in the Elementary Education program. She loves Native American history; however, her passion is teaching. She plans to teach kindergarten after she graduates.
- Mackie Moncure-Williams is a History major and a senior at UMW. I have an interest in social history, specifically World War II, the French Revolution, and American History in general. My interest in history is all thanks to my father, who showed me many of the Civil War sites in my hometown of Richmond (as well as his hometown of Petersburg). After I graduate, I plan to attend cosmetology school in Woodbridge and become a licensed instructor.
- Kristin O’Connell is a senior History major with an interest in the Vietnam War. She is graduating in the spring and plans to pursue a MA in Special Education.
- Robbie Pratt is a senior at UMW and a history major with a minor in business administration. Robbie plans on graduating in May 2017 and move on to accept a marketing position.
- Daniel “Dino” Reschke is a full-time student at the University of Mary Washington and is pursuing a BA in History. This is Dino’s fifth semester at UMW, and he is projected to graduate in May 2017. After graduation, Dino plans to pursue a teaching licensure and/or master’s program in secondary education, so that he may become a high school history teacher and assistant football coach in the Fredericksburg, Virginia, area. Dino has been married to his wife, Jocelyn, for over seven years and they have one daughter, Eva, who is three years old. Prior to becoming a student at UMW, Dino served in the U.S. Air Force as a paralegal. In September 2014, after nine and a half years of active duty service, Dino separated with an Honorable discharge service characterization and transitioned into the Air Force Reserve as an Individual Mobilization Augmentee.
- Helen Salita is a History major who is graduating from UMW in spring 2017. Her main interest is modern European history.
- Joe Sartori is a senior at UMW. As a History major, he enjoys 19th-century American and European history. He is also part of the Secondary Education program.
- Madison Scovell is a History major in the Elementary Education program. Her main interest in history is the Lincoln assassination and Dr. Mudd. Madison will be graduating from UMW in spring 2017.
- Courtney Squires is a History major in the Elementary Education program at the University of Mary Washington. After graduating in May 2017, she will prepare to enroll in Graduate school at UMW the following semester.
Fall 2015 Team
- Shannon Ball is a History major with interests in women’s history and immigration studies. She will graduate in Spring 2016. She is currently preparing to apply to law school and hopes to be able to attend the University of Richmond School of Law next fall.
- Megan Bannon is a History major with an interest in Colonial America. She has worked with livestock at George Washington’s Mount Vernon for the past 6 years and plans to attend Vet Tech school upon graduation in 2016.
- Corey Dyke is a History major in the Secondary Education program at the University of Mary Washington. When he graduates from UMW, he hopes to teach high school history.
- Megan Green is a History major with an interest in American history. She is graduating in May 2016.
- Bailey Ivancic is a History major in the Elementary Education Program at UMW. She will graduate in Spring 2016. Her main interests are American and Women’s History.
- Ashley Jenkins is a History major in the Elementary Education program at the University of Mary Washington. She is interested in gender and cultural history. She will graduate in May 2016.
- Carolyn Kowalewski is a History major, who will graduate in Spring 2016. She is interested in post-1865 American history and hopes to go to graduate school someday in the future.
- Callie Liberty is a History major with a particular interest in Chinese history. She is also a digital studies minor.
- Allison O’Connor is a History major and Museum Studies minor at the University of Mary Washington. After she graduates in spring 2016, she plans to work in either a museum or a non-profit organization.
- Mercia Spicer is a History major and will be graduating Spring 2016. She plans to attend UMW for her masters in Secondary Education. Her main interest is American History.
- Brooke Tyrrell is a History major in the Elementary Education program at the University of Mary Washington. She is interested in Russian History. She will graduate in May 2016 and hopes to become a kindergarten teacher.
- Imani Tinter is a History and Classical Civilizations double major, specializing in Ancient Greece and Rome, and Medieval-Renaisance Europe. She has no plans upon graduation.
- Daniel Webb is a History major in the Secondary Education program at UMW. He hopes to become a high school History teacher, and is currently a football coach at Brooke Point High School.
- Jenna Williams is a History and Art History double major. After graduating in May 2016, she hopes to pursue a law degree and is interested in practicing immigration law.
Fall 2014 Team
- Briana Bohrer is a History major with an interest in African American History. She will graduate in spring 2015 from the University of Mary Washington and plans to become a high school teacher.
- Jessica Chrisman is a History and Spanish double major. After she graduates, Chrisman dreams of working at the Library of Congress, National Archives, or a similar institution.
- Austin Clay is a History major and hopes to be high school history teacher upon graduation. She will graduate in spring 2015.
- Jasmine Garner is a History major with an interest in the German Neo-Nazi movement. She plans to work for the Smithsonian Institution upon graduation.
- David Hommer is a History major with interest in the areas of Northern European and Biblical History. He plans to work for the federal government when he graduates from the University of Mary Washington.
- Erin House is a double-major in History and Asian Studies at the University of Mary Washington. She will graduate in Spring 2015 and plans to continue her education abroad in Early Modern English History. In the future, she hopes to become a university professor.
- Kim Humphries is a History major with a Museum Studies minor, focusing on comparative French and American history. Upon graduation, she would like to work for the National Park Service. For more information about Kim, click here.
- Jessica Scatchard is a History major with an interest in ancient civilizations. She will be graduating in May 2015 and plans on coming back to UMW for a MA in Education.
- Kayla Toussant attends the University of Mary Washington, majoring in History and graduating with her BA in May 2015. For more information about Kayla, click here.
- Eily Walsh is a History major with an interest in European History. She is also interested in European immigration to the United States and the ways in which they strived to be accepted.
One thought on “About Us”